Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Guy Kawasaki
“The only thing worse than a presentation which sucks is a presentation which sucks and you don’t know how much longer it will suck.”
Some of you have been asking for me to put up my fantastic and in-depth interview with Guy. So here it is – Former Apple uber Evangelist, current founder director of Garage.com venture capital firm, and a hero to many – Guy Kawasaki has made famous Top Tens and numbered presentations among a list of other great things everyone should know unless you are too young or born on another planet. His blog is one of my morning reads and as I was telling this to a group the other day and thought to myself I would send the man himself a list of ten things I didn’t know about him.
Guy shot his responses back into my in-box faster than a slap-shot puck in his beloved ice-hockey despite a timetable which would make normal mortals weep.
So here we go… ten things you didn’t know about Guy Kawasaki
1. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, it would be…Rice balls (musubis)
2. If I weren’t in business, I would be a… VP of marketing of an NHL team (working for a hockey team would not qualify as “work” for me).
3. Something I would like to do, but haven’t had the chance… Nothing, I’m doing what I want to do.
4. The last concert I went to… I can’t remember the last concert I went to. It was that long ago. I don’t like crowded places with lots of noise other than my speeches.🙂
5. My favorite toy as a kid… Firecrackers
6. When I’m not working, you’ll find me… Playing hockey. More accurately, when I’m not playing hockey, you’ll find me working.
7. My favorite TV show is… Boston Legal, Rescue Me, 24, and The Unit in a four way tie.
8. My oddest paranoia or superstition is… Shutting off the shower multiple times before I fly in an airplane.
9. My last movie I saw was… Whatever the football movie with The Rock in it.
10. If I could have dinner with a famous person, dead or alive, he or she would be… My mother, now dead.